Islam Times reports from Press TV: Night raids are one of the most controversial tactics used by the US-led forces in the war-torn country.
"President Hamid Karzai ordered the Defense Ministry to prevent foreign troops from uncoordinated and arbitrary operations and bring night raids under its control," a government statement said on Saturday.
"The president stresses that special operations and night raids must be independently conducted by Afghan troops."
He stressed that special operations and night raids must be independently conducted by Afghan troops.
Afghans say the raids often lead to civilian deaths.
The Afghan president has repeatedly criticized the US and NATO leaders for such attacks.
Afghans say the US-led forces disregard local culture and have targeted hundreds of civilians in different parts of the war-torn country.
The Afghan Interior Ministry has said that NATO forces were violating a security agreement with the Kabul government based on which all NATO operations in Kabul must be cleared with the government.
Hundreds of civilians have been killed in US-led airstrikes and ground operations in various parts of Afghanistan over the past few months with Afghans becoming more outraged over the seemingly endless number of deadly assaults.
Civilians have been the main victims of violence in Afghanistan, particularly in the country's troubled southern and eastern provinces, where they are killed by both militants and foreign fire.
Civilian casualties caused by NATO attacks have been a major source of tension between the Afghan president and the US-led alliance.
Despite the presence of about 150,000 foreign troops, violence in Afghanistan last year reached its deadliest phase with record casualties on all sides, including civilian deaths.