Hamas will continue activities against US deal of century: Official
Story Code : 803563
Khalil al-Hayya said he believed Palestinians were capable of confronting and thwarting all attempts to liquidate their national cause, emphasizing that Hamas would join forces with all Palestinian parties to frustrate conspiracies targeting their cause.
Hayya went on to say that the US-sponsored Bahrain economic workshop, held late last month, had failed just before it was convened because the Palestinians had decided to boycott the event.
The senior Hamas official then stressed the importance of Palestinian unity in the face of such conspiracies, lauding official and popular efforts by Arab and Muslim countries against the Bahrain conference.
Meanwhile, Ismail Haniyeh, the head of the Hamas political bureau, expressed his movement’s profound gratitude to Lebanese Parliament Speaker Nabih Berri for his rejection of Trump’s much-touted proposal as well as the Bahrain conference.
The so-called Peace to Prosperity workshop opened in Bahrain on June 25 and ran through June 26.
The Palestinian leadership boycotted the meeting, leading critics to question the credibility of the event.
Palestinians staged rallies across the occupied West Bank in protest against the conference and participation of Arab delegations.
Demonstrators gathered in Ramallah, Bethlehem, Jenin, al-Khalil, Tulkarm, Salfit, Qalqilyah and Ariha, while a general strike was staged in the besieged and impoverished Gaza Strip.
“Any plan that includes the liquidation of the Palestinian cause … is rejected by the Palestinians and is not debatable or negotiable,” Saeb Erekat, secretary general of the executive committee of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO), said in a statement.